5 Easy Halloween Decorating Ideas To Enhance Your Living Space
Whether you've been decorating for Halloween for years or are looking for something new, here are five easy and affordable decorating ideas to enhance your home.
- Tin Can Luminaries – these are especially easy and affordable, and can be created with any size tin can. You'll need a few other materials, a hammer, a nail and some paint. Using the hammer and nail, punch holes into two cans to spell out a fun-phrase like “Happy Halloween.” Paint over the exterior of the cans and add a candle in the middle.
- Chicken Wire Ghosts – this one is for the outdoors; but is still fun! All you need is some glow-in-the-dark paint and leftover chicken wire. Shape the chicken wire into the form of a ghost and paint. You can even add LED lights as eyes for an extra spooky effect.
- Pumpkins With Flair – pumpkins aren't just for carving, they also look great when incorporating your own personal style. Also inexpensive, you have many options to add to your design's appeal. Try a variety of buttons to form a fun face or tie a ribbon to the stem for some extra color. You may even try using some glue, glitter and rhinestones for a bedazzled look.
- Flying Bats In Your Home! - Perhaps you have a wall that is open and free of hanging art or other décor. Why not add a swarm of flying bats? Using black cardstock, cut out any number of bat shapes in different sizes. Fasten them to the wall in a flying formation and you're set!
- Halloween Wreath – This wreath will work inside the home or fits in hanging on the exterior of your front door. Start by purchasing a plain and simple grapevine wreath, available at just about any home décor store. Add strewn cotton for a spider web effect and any other fun items you can find, including fake spiders and small skeletons.
Feel free to share any of your creations to our Facebook page; we're excited to see what you come up with. All of us at Lake Hallie Cabinets and Design wish you a safe and Happy Halloween!